Dice/EA have three new themed Battlefield 3 expansion packs on their way! Get up close and personal with Battlefield 3™: Close Quarters in June 2012, then get ready for all-out vehicle warfare with Battlefield 3: Armored Kill this fall (featuring the biggest map in Battlefield history!) and then Battlefield 3: End Game – The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is a themed expansion pack bringing the team play of Battlefield 3 to tight indoor environments. The frantic close quarters infantry combat is amplified by unprecedented high definition destruction, new ways to play, more weapons and added persistence.
- Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat
- Check your corners as death can come from any angle
- HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
- Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game
- Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags
- Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action
The HD Destruction in Close Quarters lets players riddle the environment with bullets, reducing entire locales to ruin. Everything from furniture to plaster can be shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor.
The tight level design and many opportunities for vertical gameplay mean players will need to bring their A game if they want to stay alive in this highly competitive theatre of war.
Come back next week for the first gameplay trailer and screenshots from Battlefield 3: Close Quarters.